Suggested Kit List
Below is a list of items you should have in your kit bag when you go to a competition or to a training session. You should try and get more of this ready the night before. Note that not all athletes will require all the items (depends on your event), and it is by no means complete so feel free to add (or take out) any items you want.
Reminder to parents – check these things for the first few fixtures then let the athletes take responsibility otherwise it is always Mums or Dads fault something is missing!
Click here to download this page as a checklist.
If you want to buy an AAC piece of kit click here for information and to download forms.
- Competition vest/crop top
- Spikes/throws shoes and spare laces
- Spike key and spikes of different lengths
- Socks x2
- Spare (dry) clothes to be put on after competition/training
- Waterproof clothing
- Large thick plastic sack – to keep your kit dry
- Hat/baseball cap – sun or winter
- Sun cream/lotion
- Umbrella – for rain or shine
- Warm up kit-tights and t-shirt etc.
- Safety-pins – at least a dozen
- Competition numbers
- Race details, timetable and directions etc.
- Enough food, snacks and drink (not fizzy) – for the whole day (before and after competition/training)
- Water bottle
- Small pack of plasters
- Things to tie hair back with – hair band
- Toiletries – shower gel etc
- Toilet paper/tissues
- Pen and paper
- Specialist equipment – tape measure, blocks, throwing implements, vaulting poles, marking tape
- Money including small change
- Magazines etc.
- Phone – turned off while warming up and competing
- Strapping eg. ankle support
- Insulated container to keep drinks cold
- Throwing glove for hammer
- Towels for throwing towels for personal use