Level 1 Endurance Course
Posted: 9th Feb 2018 by Lewis Smith
A Level 1 Endurance Officials Course will be held on Sunday, 25th February at Dartford Harriers Club House, from 10am until 2pm.
If you are interested, you should e-mail Ken Burkett immediately to advise (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Message from Ken: "It has taken some time and as yet its not up on the EA website but it looks like we have a date, tutor, time and venue! As yet it is not on the EA website - not sure why but it is on! It has been something of a struggle to get this course put on so i do hope we can get a good turn out from throughout the county if you would like to attend please EMAIL ME ASAP to confirm your attendance. Cost is approximately £20 per person for the fee, tutor, materials and a hot drink on the day. I will confirm this with you."
The course will last one day (half the day), and will allow the candidate to work under the supervision of a qualified endurance official, with a view to becoming a qualified technical official.
Please note: The minimum age for this course is 18yrs.
Following attendance at this course, candidates will have knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Appropriate attire/equipment;
- How endurance officials operate at road and cross country events;
- The requisite skills to be an endurance official;
- The key officials who operate at an endurance event and their responsibilities;
- Knowledge and application of rules;
- Relationship with other officials;
- Relationship with athletes;
- The tools to do the job;
- The endurance officials pathway - 'What is in it for me?';
- A working knowledge of the start, finish and course of an endurance event.
Following completion of the course, candidates will then be required to operate under the supervision of a qualified technical official, and submit log book records to gain a formal technical officials qualification at the following sub-levels:
- Level 1 - Officials who have attended the Level 1 Course and have four recognised experiences at an endurance event in their log book, will progress to county official;
- Level 2 - Officials who have studied two compulsory modules: Sector Marshals and Results/Recording (Laps/Times/Finish). As well as one of the following:- Race Referee/Race Judge; Start/Finish Director (Basic); Race Director (Basic); Clerk of Course/Course Director.
- And, show a further six successful experiences in their log book, will progress to become a county official.